1. Dear Guest, if you are not receiving a forgot pw email then use the contact form at the bottom of the page, or email [email protected]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. We're currently doing a sale on all upgrades Guest - View here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dear Guest, some forum sections are hidden for you. Register for FREE for unlimited access.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
We're currently doing a sale on all upgrades Guest - View here

ATTN: BTC sellers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Princess, May 19, 2017.

Share This Page

1. Princess

Princess Moderator + OMM -

If you're selling goods via BTC, make sure you do NOT give the buyer the goods until there's at least 1 confirmation. Apparently
    there's a way for buyers to retract the payment if there is 0 confirmations and they're using certain wallets. Wasn't aware of this as I've never had any issues and just gave buyer the goods since it was taking a while to confirm and the funds ended up disappearing from my wallet balance the next day. Just a friendly warning :)

Redundant and Ross like this.
  2. Roof

Roof -

This is called a double spend. It's been an issue with BTC for months and months now. Happened to me a few times.
    ALSO, BTC confirmations are at an all time high right now - over 200k unconfirmed transactions. This means, unless the buyer puts a large fee, it will take days to get even one confirmation.

3. TinyRick

TinyRick -

Only select people know how to do this.

4. Roof

Roof -

BTC isn't exactly a great choice right now because of the slow down in the network recently anyways.

5. DubbleJord

DubbleJord -

confirmation speeds always been slow to me, just something you have to deal with while selling i'll always wait for 3/3 unless its the hours kind then 2/3