1. Dear Guest, if you are not receiving a forgot pw email then use the contact form at the bottom of the page, or email [email protected]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Guest, some forum sections are hidden for you. Register for FREE for unlimited access.
    Dismiss Notice

CommView Skype IP Tutorial + Free Cracked Version [SAFE]

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by JfN, Jan 10, 2015.

Share This Page

1. JfN

JfN Well-Known Member

I have an old cracked version of CommView that I'm willing to give away for free if anyone needs it. 

There is a doxing tutorial here that mentions using WireShark, but for simply acquiring an IP over Skype I believe CommView is more efficient, and easier to use (WireShark is more useful for actual packet sniffing/injecting - I believe).

This could be also used for DDoS'ing purposes - but should only be used as a last-resort alternative to Skype resolvers. Contact with the target MAY be required for less experienced users, thus potentially exposing yourself to the target. Regardless, I will be able to show methods of not contacting the target directly while still acquiring the IP of the target - but this will be harder for those who haven't used it before.

Introduction - A simple guide to CommView:
    As said, CommView is a packet logging tool. It can be used for practical purposes as well as your evil malicious intentions, such as resolving networking problems and debugging socket connections in application development (among other uses). When you open CommView you will see a very simple interface with an empty table ready to be packed:
    [img=500x300]http://puu.sh/ek6al/09cda30cf0.png[/img]​
    To begin logging packets, you must first select the network you wish to log packets from. If you're using WiFi it'd probably be Wireless Network Connection, if not - Local Network Connection will probably be the one. If you want to be 100% sure, you can use ipconfig:
    [img=300x150]http://puu.sh/ek6Uf/9fe3f41184.png[/img]​
    Once you've found that out, select the network in CommView and click the big square "Play" button.
    [​IMG]
    As soon as you click play, your screen should fill up with connections! Now you're ready :).

Method 1 (easiest) - The calling method:
    The more you can tell apart different packets, the easier it is to know who is who. This is why Method 1 is the easiest. So for any CommView noobs, let's start off with that.

When you call someone in Skype, there are many many VoIP packets rushing through both ways - and the amount of data being sent increases rather rapidly. Usually in CommView, you can tell who you're calling just by sorting by the Bytes column, and they'll be so much higher than any others in most cases.

Sadly I don't have anyone to call so no pics but trust me it works...

Method 2 (easy) - Messaging method:
    OK so if you're about to DDoS someone, calling them for 5 seconds isn't the best idea to not make it obvious. You could start an Instant Messaging conversation with them instead! The best advice I could give for this is keep an eye on the 'Bytes' and 'Last Packet' columns. Every time a message is sent either way, they will both update.

Method 3 (hard and annoying as shit) - The 'is typing' method:
    Perhaps messaging is giving away your position a little too much, still? That's alright - you can just write and delete over 9000 messages! (not literally over 9000). Every time you start typing into a chat on Skype, an 'is writing' icon comes up - so yea, a packet is sent to them person to tell them that you're typing. When you backspace - the same happens. This is long and annoying but gets the job done when you need to be Ub3rAn0nym0u5.

Method 4 (hardest) - Friend request method:
    This is, as far as I'm aware, what most resolvers use. I don't think it works in new versions of Skype but I'l mention it anyway! (also there are plenty old/cracked versions of Skype lying about - in fact I have one if anyone wants it). Basically, do you remember on Skype when you'd search for contacts and it'd literally load their user info right in front of you instead of taking you straight to the chat? Packets. This is very unreliable on a standard machine because the packets will be so small (still barely possibly, though).

How to make any of the above methods infinitely easier:
    Simple logic tells us that the more connections you have open, the harder it'll be to find that certain special one. You could close some stuff down, or you could go all-out and set up a Virtual Machine dedicated to resolving Skype IP's. Using the old Skype (with a new fake account) and CommView on a Virtual Machine would mean that almost every single connection would be ones you make through Skype. This is simply because on a fresh installed VM there are no other applications connecting to the internet.

Pinpointing possible connections:
    CommView allows you to filter via country, and via which process on your computer the packet came from. In all cases any packets coming from Skype should show up as skype.exe under the Process column. These are the easiest ways to pinpoint possible connections. Another factor is the Last Packet column - it's obviously not going to be a packet that came up 10 minutes ago, or 10 hours ago.
    [img=500x100]http://puu.sh/ek9Gh/1ffc244ca0.png[/img]​

These are all the basics to finding an IP via CommView (which also works in Steam voice chats as well). If anyone would like a tutorial to the Virtual Machine method, feel free to ask - and like I said I have a cracked copy of CommView available for anyone who needs it! :)

2. JfN

JfN Well-Known Member

I'll post more pics when I'm able to, if anything needs to be gone into more detail let me know.

3. Aura

Aura -

This isn't White Hat at all if you ask me. Moving this thread.

4. JfN

JfN Well-Known Member

Feel free to, I knew it didn't seem right just had no idea where to put it.

5. Lyrics

Lyrics New Member

Looks decent. GJ

6. JfN

JfN Well-Known Member

Thanks nigga. Just a lil old school guide from the days we didn't have resolvers. Plus I still resort to these sometimes when resolvers are down.