1. Dear Guest, if you are not receiving a forgot pw email then use the contact form at the bottom of the page. Bare in mind this is not monitored 24/7. Join our discord for help with account issues/queries. Join our discord: by clicking HERE.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Guest, some forum sections are hidden for you. Register for FREE for unlimited access.
    Dismiss Notice

wat equipment do i need

Discussion in 'Steam Gaming' started by Fun, Feb 24, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Fun

Fun New Member

I wanna start live streaming wat equipment should i buy

2. Ally Mac

Ally Mac -

A computer, probably also a keyboard, mouse and monitor (they're useful -- not necessary!).

3. JfN

JfN Well-Known Member

This, and probably a mic.

4. Luke

Luke -

Sarcastic answers aside for a moment..

You're going to need software, I recommend XSplit. Can get a free version of it -- also a paid version of it for "free" if you know what you're doing. A headset will do you wonders, even if it is not to use for a microphone but just for sound, a nice set of Astro A30/A40's will do great. Also have the option to use the microphone with it aswell. If you want a better grade of plug-and-play microphone, use something like the Blue Yeti which you should be able to put up for just over $100 and for EVEN BETTER sound quality, a pod filter.

If you're going to use a facecam, I suggest a green-screen and a tripod to keep the camera steady in one position at all times.

Your PC is going to need good specs, if your PC isn't good enough to play games on the highest settings then it isn't good enough to stream on the lowest settings. Keep that in mind. Another thing that will make life easier with interaction is dual monitors or two devices. One to play the game/do whatever you're streaming on - and another to keep an eye on stats, and the chat etc.

Best of luck if you try to livestream!

5. Lana

Lana Forum Owner -

Couldn't of put it better myself, great reply.