[FITNESS] Helpful Links & Basics of Fitness

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:3)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Losing & Gaining Weight
Calories. Losing or gaining weight is all about calories, ignore everyone with the "no carbs" bullshit, calories are love, calories are life.
Lets get some myths out of the way, you cannot lose fat and gain muscle mass at the same time unless you are using steroids, there is no way to do that, also, you do not need to workout whilst losing weight, it is suggested though so you preserve more muscle mass, but you can lose weight without working out.
How do you gain weight? well it's quite simple, if you scroll down to the links and look at the IIFYM link, it will give you a TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) calculator, basically, the TDEE tells you how many calories you need to eat in a day to maintain your weight, to gain weight, you need to add 500-1000 calories to gain 1-2lbs a week, to lose weight, you do the opposite, you remove 500-1000 calories to lose 1-2lbs a week, make sure you are getting your nutritions right though, don't want to be malnourished now do you.

[hr]

Helpful Links

Beginner's Health and Fitness Guide
Sean & Liam are geniuses when it comes to health and fitness, their six part guide proves that, with this guide you will get everything you need to start you off, the guide will help you realize the myths behind fitness and how to do things, the proper way.

Reading Food Labels
[size=small]This website will teach you all about food labels, what you should look for and what you should avoid, this is a helpful website for teenagers who are looking into weightlifting and cooking their own meals.

MyFitnessPal Calorie Counting App
MyFitnessPal is a user friendly application to help you count your calories, it's quite straight forward.

[/size]
Online Supplement & Nutrition Store
MyProtein is most likely the cheapest website source of supplements, offering a variety of different supplements with a variety of different flavours, if anyone finds anything cheaper & more high quality than this don't be shy to post it.

StrongLifts 5x5 Routine
StrongLifts 5x5 is based on Reg Park's 5x5 routine, the routine consists of squats, deadlifts, bench presses, overheard presses and barbell rows, it is one of the most effective routines out there due to the two words, "linear progression", I would personally suggest this routine to anyone, from newbies to experts.

/fit/
Well, I can't say much other than the fact that it is 4chan, I personally like to read around on /fit/ when I'm bored in the afternoons, sometimes there are pretty knowledgeable people on there, sometimes it is just broscience everywhere, but it is still a community about fitness nonetheless.

IIFYM Calculator
The IIFYM calculator is used to calculate your TDEE, it is one of the most advanced and easiest to use calculators out there and it allows you to choose a goal you would like to strive for, after you've chosen your goal, it will tell you how many calories you need to eat.

<This thread is still a work in progress, feel free to suggest more links below or correct me if I fucked up real bad>

Saint

Old Timer
-
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RE: [FITNESS] Helpful Links

This is a great thread, keep up the work! Once you add more content you might see a sticky in your future.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Crypto™ said:
Thanks for this! I've been meaning to lose weight, and gain some muscle mass!
Good luck man, It's not that hard, just do the research and work on your form when you lift, you don't want to fuck something up in the long run.

Crypto™

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Microsoft said:
Good luck man, It's not that hard, just do the research and work on your form when you lift, you don't want to fuck something up in the long run.
Ah yeah. I have a friend who's managed to muscle himself into a permanent hunchback position. Not a pretty sight.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Crypto™ said:
Ah yeah. I have a friend who's managed to muscle himself into a permanent hunchback position. Not a pretty sight.
Yeah, plus you'll get more out of your workouts with good form, also don't become the supplement guy who buys every single fucking supplement available, personally I only have MyProtein.com Impact Whey Protein and MyProtein.com Instant Oats, it's enough for me.

Lorris007

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fitness is life, guys. It gives us a good look, and it is very important. People come and go, you are the only person that will be with you till the end of your life, so take care about yourself. I have read a lot of true thoughts and it helped me to understand a lot of things. I recommend you to read some come and go quotes, it's very useful.