Is the price of an apple laptop really worth it?

fuse

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always used windows and I'm wondering what the difference between a high-spec windows laptop and a mac is .. or are people just buying it because of the brand?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Personally, I don't think so. I refuse to buy Apple products because of the price. The prices are jacked up for a system that is harder to manipulate and unable to upgrade.

Adam-

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People mainly buy apple for the brand, design and customer service ..those are my reasons anyway for buying a mac. Although they are considerably more expensive then comparable windows machines, they are great and the customer service cannot be faulted!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that it is definately overpriced and there are much better Windows powered laptops and computers that are much much cheaper yet either the same or sometimes even slighty better!

Mr.Panos

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apple products were always far more expensive than the regular products. It is because of their design and their efficiency. Personally, I love buying Apple products because I love them. Their price is very high, but you gain so much things. For example, Windows need a format every three years or so, while Macs need nothing. I am currently owning two iPods, an iPhone 5S, an iMac one iPad and I have never had any problem with them.

Lamont

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think macs are worth it, they are very efficient and last a long time. Also, I really like the operating system and the fact that I can use my mac as a tablet {Icloud, App store, synching}.

Raees

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price is worth because of the design and efficiency and its also a good brand to show off but its not worth for middle class families when we can get a laptop for 75% less price then apple. I am not a big fan of Apple, always go with Windows as its the best and the cheapest available.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think so. They may look nicer and maybe have some better features (I think) but I wouldn't go out and buy one. Too pricey for my liking. xD

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apple products are typically more expensive but in my opinion I think it's worth it. I never have to worry about malware, viruses, or anything. It's plug and play no need to upgrade too many programs it's perfect the way it is.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the majority of it is branding, everyone who has an Apple feels higher than others, but at the same time I also believe it is because of the simplicity behind their OS. If you've ever used a PC and a Mac you would notice that the Apple OS is very simple, clean, and easy to use, it might be more useful for people of older ages.

I however love and will always stick with Windows/PC, they have great upgrades and the majority of software's are created for a Windows computer in mind.

Sly14Cat

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned in the last post, it really depends on what you're going for. Once you know enough about computers, a PC is really the way to go. You can get the same PC [Or build your own] for 3x less than the price it would cost to buy a Mac of the same caliber. On the other hand, some people really want the simplicity that comes with a Mac and there's also the whole elitist crowd. Even people who know a lot about tech just settle for one because of it's simplicity. But in my opinion, if I were given 3k to get any computer I want, I'd build my own PC and install my favourite flavour of Linux.

TayneC8

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I own a Macbook Pro however I got it for nothing, I would never pay the price to get a Macintosh. I must admit, they're brilliant machines and are very reliable and secure, but I still don't think it's worth the price tag that Apple puts on them. If I had a lot of money all my computers would be Mac's, but until then I'm stuck with Windows. It does the job, but Mac's just do the job better which explains the higher price tag.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guardian said:
Personally, I don't think so. I refuse to buy Apple products because of the price. The prices are jacked up for a system that is harder to manipulate and unable to upgrade.
I wouldn't necessarily say you can't upgrade a mac, because that is what I plan on doing.

I have an early 2013 Macbook Pro 13" and its the one with the superdrive in it, meaning that I can unscrew the bottom myself without having to take it to Apple to take it apart.

Once my AppleCare is expired, I plan on opening up my box, taking out the superdrive/burner as well as the HDD and replacing them both with two SSD's (To run multiple OS's), and upgrading the ram from 8GB DDR3 to 16GB DDR5. Of course, the graphics card will be replaced, I will include better transfers for speed (because why upgrade the memory if the bus is still slow? Lol right?) and maybe some other minor things as well. I don't need to spend too much because I'll end up upgrading.

But in the end, I think it is worth it if you like to have the name, the OS, and being able to run multiple OS's as well.

Trippy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Macs are better if you are into editing or just browsing the web. If you want to game I would use a Pc.

I bought my macbook pro used for 350$ and its a 2010 version (Not too sure how i got it so cheap, but it works great!)